Omit Unstressed /ə /Syllables
Hello everybody! Here you are one bright helpful trick to improve your pronunciation: omit unstressed /ə/ syllables. Listen carefully, repeat and record yourself, and you will see how your pronunciation starts improving little by little. Practice makes perfect!
- conference (confrence) – I’ll be at the conference.
2. Montgomery (Montgomry) – I’m based at the Montgomery office.
3. interesting (intresting) – That’s an interesting perspective!
4. naturally (natchrally) – Her products are made naturally, the old-fashioned way.
5. aspirin (asprin) – Take an aspirin if your head hurts.
6. several (sevral) – I knew several people at the party.
7. temperature (temprature) – The temperature is steadily falling.
8. preference (prefrence) – What’s your preference?
9. different (diffrent) – Let’s take a different approach.
10. camera (camra) – I’d like a digital camera.
11. separate (seprit) – Those are two separate issues.
12. generally (genrally) – Generally speaking, I like to read fiction.
13. favorable (favrable) – We’re hoping for a favorable outcome.
14. favorite (favrit) – Her favorite season is summer.
15. laboratory (labratory) – His laboratory is next to mine.
16. deliberate (delibrit) – It was a deliberate lie.
17. miserable (misrable) – She has the flu and feels miserable.
18. comfortable ( comfterbel) – This couch is very comfortable.
Go to these other posts to improve your pronunciation: Learn how to pronounce numbers, teens and tens, Learn how to pronounce compound nouns, Linking with the same sound, Linking with the word “the”, Linking with vowels within words and between word, Learn how to pronounce verbs, nouns and adjectives, and Linking with /i/ in the middle of a word.
Above all, take care and enjoy life! ,-)